Pandemic and Economic Recovery
Keeping You Updated
As of June 15, 2021 – The Re-Opening of California…
As of June 15, 2021, C.A.R. Legal has said that real estate will be completely back to normal (prior to the pandemic) except for the mask wearing requirements. The California Department of Public Health has released what doing business on June 15th will look like, including mask guidelines available here. Discussions should be had with sellers on how they’d like to implement the CDC mask wearing guidelines. Please note, C.A.R. legal counsel has reported that it is not discrimination to ask individuals if they’ve been vaccinated or to provide proof of vaccination as long as everyone is treated in the same manner. Sellers have the right to require mask wearing in their properties regardless of vaccination status. C.A.R. Legal is available to REALTORS® for any questions that arise in applying these guidelines.
CA Public Health Dept. allows open houses, with restrictions, as of May 12, 2021. Statement is available here and Open House and Showing Rules: Industry Guidelines are available here.
CAR releases new pictogram for display outside every listing! Click here to view and print!
REALTOR Relief is Available! Click here for more information.
New CAR Legal Forms Available – Click here to view.
DRE New Release on License Expiration Extension
Virtual Showings and Virtual Open Houses
CAR Best Practices Guidelines and Prevention Plan
Cal Osha Check List for Re-Opening Real Estate Offices
Cal Osha Guidelines for Real Estate Transactions
We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our members, community, and staff very seriously. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the pandemic.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have temporarily enacted curbside service at the Association office to protect and care for our members, staff, and the community.
We have taken steps to ensure all essential functions, including MLS and technical support, online education and training, virtual committee and board meeting functions, and relevant communication are available to you. Our Association staff is working to provide uninterrupted services.
As we are still within the pandemic, we will temporarily miss seeing you in our office, but we’re still open Monday-Friday, curbside, by telephone (949) 722-2300) or email, where service remains uninterrupted.
We are all in this together. We will continue to monitor the situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our members and communities as needed.
The Association Office
Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00 PM
To contact a department via email:
- Multiple Listing Department – Anna Miars [email protected]
- Membership Department – Arleen Grahn [email protected]
- CEO – Kimberly Foreman [email protected]
How we can help
- Purchasing a lockbox/sign/forms etc – curbside pick up at our office.
- Need to activate a Supra key or change a shackle code on a lockbox, call us and we’ll talk you through the process over the telephone.
- New Member Joining – Please contact our membership department and we’ll process your application via curbside service or through telephone and email exchange.
- Member Changes and Office Transfers – Please email form to the Membership Department for processing.
- Need MLS Support – Please call or email our MLS Department.
- Education and License Renewals – We offer a variety of educational opportunities including license renewals and the required Code of Ethics training. Please visit ‘Education‘ for the education opportunities available.
- Professional Standards Disciplinary/Arbitration Issues – Please visit here for information and forms to file and as always please feel free to contact our office for additional questions.
- Any and all other business, please call our office, we are available to help.
Additional Resources Available:
Coronavirus Real Estate Issues Website
Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS
NAR Coronavirus Resources for Property Owners
Coronavirus and the Real Estate Industry
COVID-19 Guide for Open Houses and Showings
For more information about COVD-19 and what you can do to keep healthy and safe, visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or the OC Public Health Info website.